Thursday, June 9, 2011

It's Hot Out!!! SO WHAT?????????

Today in the city during lunch the temperature outside was 96 degrees with a heat index of about 103!!

Yeah, it was hot out, but SO WHAT???  I wasnt about to let that stop me from getting out there and walking!

The 2 miles that I walked today were probably two of the best feeling miles I have ever walked.  People may never understand why, but I will try to explain the best I can.

Try and imagine what it feels like to walk in these conditions at 476 lbs.  I have and let me tell you, it isn't fun, not even close!  When I tell you at 476 lbs, if i stepped outside and walked a few feet, Id be miserable.  I couldn't breathe, Id be achy, it was not a good experience.

So today, yes, I was hot and I was sweating, but I didn't care!  I had my water with me and my ipod, and I walked without hesitation!  I walked with my head held high and a beaming grin on my face. 

The reason I'm writing this blog entry is so that maybe to some, they may use the heat as an excuse not to get out there and get some exercise in, and that shouldn't be the case (unless for medical reasons you cant).  Go ahead, get out there, even if its just for 30 minutes.  Don't let the heat be an excuse, be smart and use sunscreen and bring some water, but when you are done, YOU TOO will be holding your head high and proud that you went out there and did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment